Frequently Asked Questions

A: The first step in the process is to complete an application form with the WSU Graduate School.

A: The WSU priority application deadlines are the same for both domestic and international students and are outlined below. The Dept. of Crop and Soil Sciences will still consider applications received past these dates as much as possible.

For Fall Semester
(beginning mid-August)
For Spring Semester
(beginning mid-January)
priority deadline–Jan 10priority deadline–July 1

A:  It is not necessary; you are encouraged to apply and give the faculty a chance to review your complete application.

A: Answers to these questions are addressed on our ‘funding opportunities’ page

A: While there is not a MS or PhD in Organic Agriculture degree, you can pursue a degree in either Crop Science or Soil Science with an emphasis on organic agriculture. We have several faculty and graduate students who work in the areas of organic and sustainable agriculture. Additionally, WSU has an Organic research and teaching farm located near the Pullman campus which provides students with on-farm research and education opportunities.

A: Our students begin work with their advisor upon arriving at WSU. There is no lab rotation required, however your research project may involve work with more than one faculty member and/or laboratory.

A. Yes. WSU provides the Graduate Student Assistant Medical and Dental Insurance Plan for students with assistantships, with the option of adding a spouse or same-sex domestic partner and children.