Check Out Our Events
2020 Harvest Festival is Cancelled
The one day pumpkin sale is cancelled this year but we will have pumpkins for sale at the Friday Farm Stand and at the on line store. Check back for small group scheduled upick options.
The annual Harvest Party will be the second Saturday in October. The event is free and open to the public. This year’s festivities will include kid’s games, face painting, pumpkin pie, and fresh-pressed cider. U-Pick Pumpkins will be for sale and include jack-o-lanterns, baby pumpkins, and a great variety of specialty pumpkins and gourds. The farm will have other vegetables available for sale. Please leave pets at home. The Tukey Horticultural Orchard will be open for pre-picked apples. See their website for details.
Eggert Family Organic Farm Field Day and Garlic Braiding Workshop: Thursday August 2th.
Presenters will discuss organic herbicides, orchard planning, the Food Safety Modernization Act, and compost tea. A full farm walk will show off vegetable and fruit production areas and new infrastructure improvements.
- Arrive: 7:30 am
- Presentations: 8:00am- 9:30am
- Farm Walk: 9:30- 10:30
- Talk with presenters: 10:30-11:30
Garlic Braiding Workshop starts at 12:30pm
Workshop is limited to 10 participants. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot. Cost is $25 per participant. Each participant will be able to go home with one completed garlic braid. Workshop will be led by Kate Jaeckel, owner and operator of Orchard Farm Soap. Kate has 15 years experience creating beautiful garlic braids and uses a variety of dried and fresh flowers to enhance each braid. Participants should bring a sack lunch if they plan to attend the morning Field Day.
Organic Agriculture Club
WSU Organic Agriculture Majors have formed an official RSO sanctioned club. The Organic Agriculture club is open to anybody who is interested in organic and sustainable farming. This club was created to foster the organic farming community here in Pullman and to give everyone a comfortable place to talk, network, and farm together. If you have any questions or suggestions please email Zach Smith at email@example.com Join the club on Orgsync and Facebook at Organic Agriculture Club
- Brad presented (3/14/15) at the Living on a Few Acres Conference in Redmond, OR. The workshop titled “Year-round Hoop house Production” shared the farm’s current favorites and corresponding planting dates.
- Brad presented (10/19/13) at the 3rd Annual Inland Northwest Small Farms Conference in Spokane. The workshop titled “Vegetable Recommendations for the Inland Northwest” shared the Organic Farm’s favorite and current variety lists.
- Here’s the video of Brad’s Fall Planting webinar with WSU Global Connections. This covers cool season crops to plant for fall harvest, crops for winter harvest in hoophouses, and overwintering crops for late winter/ spring harvest. The video includes the presentation pictures, planting dates, and web links.
- Farm Manager Brad Jaeckel and Melissa Barker from Evergreen State College presented a Beginning Farmers Series Workshop at the 2012 WA Tilth Conference. The workshop titled “Essential Recordkeeping for Farm and Business” covered records from both teaching farms.