- Ph.D. Computer Science, Washington State University
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, Washington State University
- M.S. Polymer Chemistry and Physics, South China University of Technology
- B.S. Applied Chemistry, Shenzhen University
Areas of Research Interest
Yang’s primary research focuses are applying Machine Learning algorithms to recognize crop fields from Satellite images. She is currently investigating how to train a machine learning model to generate boundaries of agricultural crop fields. Her Ph.D. dissertation is to design and develop Artificial Intelligent Tutoring Systems for formal and informal educational purposes. She designed Reinforcement Learning algorithms to train an AI teacher to teach another AI student to complete a complicated task.
- Hu, Y. and G. Ameta, 2018. A Charts-Based Approach to Estimate Disassembly Time: Hypothesis, Model and Validation. ASME. J. Manuf. Sci. Eng. 141(2):021009-021009-13.
- Hu, Y., M.E. Taylor. 2016. A Computer-Aided Design Intelligent Tutoring System Teaching Strategic Flexibility. Transactions on Techniques in STEM Education.
- Hu, Y., D. Tilke, T. Adams, A. Crandall, D. Cook, and M. Schmitter-Edgecombe. 2016. Smart home in a box: Usability study for a large scale self-installation of smart home technologies. Journal of Reliable Intelligent Environments, 2 (2), 93-106.
- Hu, Y., and M.E. Taylor. 2016. Work In Progress: A Computer-Aided Design Intelligent Tutoring System Teaching Strategic Flexibility. In Proceedings of the ASEEs 123rd Annual Conference & Exposition, New Orleans, LA, USA, June 2016.
- Hu, Y., R. Srinivasan, J. Spoll, and G. Ameta. 2015. Graph Based Method and Tool for Complete and Selective Disassembly Time Estimation in Early Design, Journal of Computing and Information Science in Engineering 15 (3), 031005,
- Hu, Y., and G. Ameta. 2013. Life-Cycle Assessment and Eco-Design of a Wireless TV/VCR Remote, ASME 2013 International Design Engineering Technical Conferences and Computers and Information in Engineering Conference, Portland, OR, USA, Aug 4 – 7, 2013.
- Liu, F.,Y. Hu, Z.M. Lin, Y.F. Luo, and D.M. Jia. Preparation and properties of new resin root canal filling materials, Acta Materiae Compositae Sinica(Chinese), 2008, (06)
- Pang, Y., B. Liu, S. Qing, L. Sun, W. Lv, and Y. Hu. 2008. Inuence of Methylic Modifcation on the Forming Membrane Performance of 8-Hydroxylquinoline Aluminum, Journal of Materials Science and Engineering (Chinese), 2008,(06): 883-886
- Lin, Z.M., J.Q. Ling, F. Liu, Y. Hu, and Y.T. Jian. 2007. Preparation and stability assessment of a new resin root canal filling material, Journal of Stomatology(Chinese), 2007, (04)