- 2014 Ph. D., Soil Science, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
- 2010 M.S., Soil Science, Washington State University, Pullman, WA
- 2008 B.S. Agricultural Journalism, Washington State University, Pullman, WA
The goal of our lab is to quantify the interaction of soil, water, and plants at the field-scale to improve soil health and ecosystem resilience. Research activities can be grouped under two areas: 1) conserve water and protect the soil through soil health promoting practices and, 2) using sensor technology to quantify spatial soil moisture dynamics.
- Bhandari, M., A.M.H. Ibrahim, Q. Xue, J. Jung, A. Chang, J.C. Rudd, M. Maeda, N. Rajan, H.L. Neely, and J. Landivar. 2020. Assessing winter wheat foliage disease severity using aerial imagery acquired from small Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV). Computers and Electronics in Agriculture. 176. doi:10.1016/j.compag.2020.105665
- Bagnall, G.C., N. Koonjoo, S.A. Altobelli, M.S. Conradi, E. Fukushima, D.O. Kuethe, J.E. Mullet, H.L. Neely, W.L. Rooney, K.F. Stupic, B. Weers, B. Zhu, M.S. Rosen, and C.L.S. Morgan. 2020. Low-field magnetic resonance imaging of roots in intact clayey and silty soils. Geoderma. 370. doi: 10.1016/j.geoderma.2020.114356
- Bagnall, D., P.M. Crespo Gutierrez, Y.T. Yimam, C.L.S. Morgan, H.L. Neely, and J.P. Ackerson. 2018. Effect of air- and water-filled voids on neutron moisture meter measurements of clay soil. Vadose Zone J. 17:180137. doi:10.2136/vzj2018.07.0137
- Neely, H.L., C.L.S. Morgan, K.J. McInnes, and C.C. Molling. 2018. Modeling soil crack volume at the pedon scale using available soil data. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. doi:10.2136/sssaj2018.01.0007.
- Watson, H., L. Neely, C.L.S. Morgan, K.J. McInnes, and C.C. Molling. 2017. Identifying subsoil variation associated with gilgai using electromagnetic induction. Geoderma 295:34-40.
- Rouze, G., C.L.S. Morgan, Neely, A.B. McBratney. 2017 Exploratory assessment of aerial gamma radiometrics across the conterminous United States. Soil Science Society of America Journal. 81:94-108.
- Shi, Y, J.A. Thomasson, S.C. Murray, N.A. Pugh, W.L. Rooney, S. Shafian, N. Rajan, G. Rouze, C.L.S. Morgan, L. Neely, A. Rana,.M.V. Bagavathiannan, J. Henrickson, E. Bowden, J.Valasek, J. Olsenholler, M.P. Bishop, R. Sheridan, E.B. Putman, S. Popescu, T. Burks, D.Cope, A. Ibrahim, B.F. McCutchen, D.D. Baltensperger, R.V. Avant Jr, M. Vidrine, C. Yang. 2016. Unmanned aerial vehicles for high-throughput phenotyping and agronomic research. PlosOne. 11(7) DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0159781.
- Neely, H.L., C.L.S. Morgan, C.T. Hallmark, K.J. McInnes, and C.C. Molling. Apparent Electrical Conductivity Response to Spatially Variable Vertisol Properties. Geoderma 263:168-175.
- Neely, H.L., P. Ackerson, C.L.S. Morgan, and K.J. McInnes. 2014. Instrumentation to measure soil subsidence and water content in a single borehole. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. 78:1251-1257.
- Kishne, A.Sz., C.L.S. Morgan, H.L. Neely. 2014. How much surface water can gilgai microtopography capture? J. Hydrol. 513:256-261.