Ph.D., Washington State University, Crop Science, 2009
M.S., University of Idaho, Plant Science, 2006
B.S., University of Idaho, Plant Science, 2003
I lead the winter wheat breeding and genetics program at Washington State University. My research is directed toward breeding improved wheat varieties for cropping systems in Washington state that incorporate diverse rotations and environments. Our goal is to release high-yielding, disease resistant varieties with good end-use quality that will maintain profitability and reduce the risk to growers. New varieties are developed using a combination of traditional plant breeding methods, molecular marker technology, and biotechnology. Research efforts include identifying genetic solutions to winter wheat production problems, thereby enhancing the sustainability of the Washington wheat industry. Farmer participation is utilized in the development of new varieties and in research planning. Current research topics involve developing water-use efficient wheat, adaptation of sensor based technology into wheat breeding programs, genetic understanding of end-use quality in wheat, and identification of new genes for stripe rust resistance.
- Crop Science 445, Plant Breeding, 4 credits, Spring Semester (even years), Instructor, Washington State University.
- Crop Science 435, Interdisciplinary Solutions in Plant Science [CAPS], 3 credits, Spring Semester (odd years), Instructor, Washington State University.
- Crop Science 498, Research Internship, 1-3 credits, Instructor, Washington State University.
- Crop Science 512, Field Plant Breeding, 3 credits, Summer/Fall Semester, Instructor, Washington State University.
Publications last 4 years, names in italics indicate graduate student or post-doctoral authors:
- Herr AW, Adak A, Carroll ME, Elango D. Kar S, Li C, Jones SE, Carter AH, Murray SC, Paterson A, Sankaran S, Singh A, Singh AK (2023) UAS imagery for phenotyping in cotton, maize, soybean, and wheat breeding. Crop Science Submitted
- Montesinos-Lopez OA, Herr AW, Crossa J, Carter AH (2023) Genomics combined with UAS data enhances prediction of grain yield in winter wheat. Frontiers in Genetics Submitted
- Tang Z, Wang M, Schirrmann M, Dammer K-H, Li X, Brueggeman R, Sanakaran S, Carter A, Pumphrey M, Hu Y, Chen X, Zhang Z (2022) Affordable high throughput field detections of wheat stripe rust using deep learning based with semi-automatic image labeling. In Revision
- Thompson YA, Carter AH, Ward BP, Kiszonas AM, Morris CF (2022) Leveraging relatedness: genomic selection of soft white wheat cake quality using a historic database. Crop Science In Revision
- Montesinos-Lopez OA, Carter AH, Sandoval DAB, Cano-Paez B, Montesinos-Lopez A, Crossa J (2023) A comparison between three tuning strategies for Gaussian kernels in the context of univariate genomic prediction. Genes 13(12) doi:10.3390/genes13122282
- Phipps SN, Burke AB, Balow KA, Murray TD, Carter AH (2022) Registration of the PI 173438/WA 8137 Wheat Doubled Haploid Mapping Population. Journal of Plant Registrations doi:10.1002/plr2.20228
- Lopez S, Wiersma A, Strauss N, Watkins T, Baik B-K, Zhang G, Sehgal S, Kolb F, Poland J, Mason E, Carter A, Olsen E (2022) Description of U6719-004 wheat germplasm with YrAS2388R stripe rust resistance introgression from Aegilops tauschii. Journal of Plant Registrations Early View doi:10.1002/plr2.20226
- Garland-Campbell K, Bellinger BS, Carter AH, Chen X, DeMacon P, Engle D, Hagerty CH, Kiszonas A, Klarquist E, Murray TD, Morris C, Neely C, Odubiyi S, Rashad A, See D, Steber CM, Wen N (2022) Registration of ‘Cameo’ soft white winter club wheat. Journal of Plant Registrations 16:585-596 doi:10.1002/plr2.20234
- Zemetra RS, Phipps SN, Kohler T, Burke AB, Carter AH (2022) Registration of the Coda/Brundage wheat recombinant inbred line mapping population. Journal of Plant Registrations 16:176-184 doi:10.1002/plr2.20147
- Phipps SN, Burke AB, Balow KA, Murray TD, Carter AH (2022) Identification of snow mold tolerance QTL in a landrace winter wheat using linkage mapping. Crop Science 62:1415-1429 doi:10.1002/csc2.20745
- Aoun M, Carter AH, Morris CF (2022) Genetic architecture of end-use quality traits in soft white winter wheat. BMC Genomics 23:440 doi:10.1186/s12864-022-08676-5
- Running K, Momotaz A, Kariyawasam G, Zurn J, Pozniak C, Acevedo M, Carter AH, Liu Z, Faris J (2022) Genomic analysis and delineation of the tan spot susceptibility locus Tsc1 in wheat. Frontiers in Plant Science 13:793925 doi:10.3389/fpls.2022.793925
- Merrick LF, Herr AW, Sandhu KS, Lozada DN, Carter AH (2022) Optimizing plant breeding programs for genomic selection. Agronomy 12:714 doi:10.3390/agronomy12030714
- Merrick LF, Herr AW, Sandhu KS, Lozada DN, Carter AH (2022) Utilizing genomic selection for wheat population development and improvement. Agronomy 12:522 doi:10.3390/agronomy12020522
- He F, Wang W, Rutter WB, Jordan KW, Ren J, Taagen E, DeWitt N, Sehgal D, Sukumaran S, Driesigacker S, Reynolds M, Liu S, Chen J, Fritz A, Cook J, Brown-Guedira G, Pumphrey M, Carter A, Sorrells M, Dubcovsky J, Hayden MJ, Akhunov A, Morrell PL, Szabo L, Rouse M, Akhunov E (2022) The landscape of genetic effects on gene expression levels in allopolyploid wheat reveals the impact of homoeologous gene dysregulation on agronomic traits. Nature Communications 13:826 doi:10.1038/s41467-022-28453-y
- Merrick LF, Lozada DN, Chen X, Carter AH (2022) Classification and regression models for genomic selection of skewed phenotypes: a case for disease resistance in winter wheat (Triticum aestivum ). Frontiers in Genetics 13:835781 doi:10.3389/fgene.2022.835781
- Merrick LF, Zhang Z, Burke AB, Carter AH (2022) Comparison of Single-Trait and Multi-Trait Genome-Wide Association Models and Inclusion of Correlated Traits in the Dissection of the Genetic Architecture of a Complex Trait in a Breeding Program. Frontiers in Plant Science doi:10.3389/fpls.2021.772907
- Sandhu KS, Patil S, Aoun M, Morris C, Carter AH (2022) Multi-trait multi-environment genomic prediction for end-use quality traits in winter wheat. Frontiers in Genetics 13:831020 org/10.3389/fgene.2022.831020
- Sandhu KS, Merrick LF, Sankaran S, Zhang Z, Carter AH (2022) Prospectus of genomic selection and high throughput phenotyping in cereal, legume, and oilseed breeding programs: a review. Frontiers in Genetics 12:829131 org/10.3389/fgene.2021.829131
- Jordan KW, Bradury PJ, Miller Z, Nyine M, He F, Fraser M, Anderson J, Mason E, Katz A, Pearce S, Carter A, Prather S, Pumphrey M, Chen J, Cook J, Liu S, Rudd J, Wang Z, Chu C, Ibrahim AM, Turkus J, Olson E, Nagarajan R, Yan L, Taagen E, Sorrells M, Ward B, Ren J, Akhunova A, Bowden R, Fiedler J, Faris J, Dubcovsky J, Guttieri M, Brown-Guedira G, Buckler E, Jannink J-L, Akhunov ED (2021) Development of the wheat practical haplotype graph database as a resource for genotyping data storage and genotype imputation. Genes|Genomes|Genetics org/10.1093/g3journal/jkab390
- Sandhu KS, Mihalyov PD, Lewien MJ, Pumphrey MO, Carter AH (2021) Grain protein content stability and genomic selection for predicting grain protein content in wheat. Agronomy 11:2528 org/10.3390/agronomy11122528
- Garland-Campbell K, Allan RE, Carter AH, DeMacon P, Klarquist E, Wen N, Chen X, Steber CM, Morris C, See D, Esser A, Engle D, Higginbotham R, Mundt C, Murray TD (2021) Registration of ‘Castella’ soft white winter club wheat. Journal of Plant Registrations 15:504-514 doi:10.1002/plr2.20132
- Strauss NM, Wiersma A, DeMacon P, Klarquist E, Carter AH, Garland-Campbell KA, Olson E (2021) Registration of the Wheat D-Genome Nested Association Mapping Population. Journal of Plant Registrations 15:215-222 doi:10.1002/plr2.20078
- Gill KS, Kumar N, Randhawa HS, Murphy K, Carter AH, Morris CF, Higginbotham RW, Engle DA, Guy SO, Lyon D, Murray TD, Chen XM, Schillinger WF (2021) Registration of ‘Resilience CL+’ soft white winter wheat. Journal of Plant Registrations 15:196-205 doi:10.1002/plr2.20118
- Carter AH, Balow KA, Shelton GB, Burke AB, Hagemeyer KE, Stowe A, Worapong J, Higginbotham RW, Chen XM, Engle DA, Murray TD, Morris CF (2021) Registration of ‘Stingray CL+’ soft white winter wheat. Journal of Plant Registrations 15:161-171 doi:10.1002/plr2.20109
- Carter AH, Balow KA, Shelton GB, Burke AB, Hagemeyer KE, Stowe A, Worapong J, Higginbotham RW, Chen XM, Engle DA, Murray TD, Morris CF (2021) Registration of ‘Devote’ soft white winter wheat. Journal of Plant Registrations 15:121-131 doi:10.1002/plr2.20079
- Carter AH, Balow KA, Shelton GB, Burke AB, Hagemeyer KE, Stowe A, Worapong J, Higginbotham RW, Chen XM, Engle DA, Murray TD, Morris CF (2021) Registration of ‘Scorpio’ hard red winter wheat. Journal of Plant Registrations 15:113-120 doi:10.1002/plr2.20076
- Merrick LF, Carter AH (2021) Comparison of genomic selection models for exploring predictive ability of complex traits in breeding programs. The Plant Genome 14:3 e20158 org/10.1002/tpg2.20158
- Aoun M, Carter AH, Thompson Y, Ward BP, Morris CF (2021) Environment characterization and genomic prediction for end-use quality traits in soft white winter wheat. The Plant Genome 14:3 e20128 org/10.1002/tpg2.20128
- Sandhu KS, Patil SS, Pumphrey MO, Carter AH (2021) Multi-trait machine and deep learning models for genomic selection using spectral information in a wheat breeding program. The Plant Genome 14:3 e20119 org/10.1002/tpg2.20119
- Kumar A, Mir R, Sehgal D, Agarwal P, Carter A (2021) Genetics and genomics to enhance crop production, towards food security. Editorial in Frontiers in Genetics 12:798308 org/10.3389/fgene.2021.798308
- Sandhu KS, Aoun M, Morris CF, Carter AH (2021) Genomic selection for end-use quality and processing traits in soft white winter wheat breeding program with machine and deep learning models. Biology 10, 689 doi.org/10.3390/biology10070689
- Aoun M, Carter AH, Ward B, Morris CF (2021) Genome-wide association mapping of the ‘super soft’ kernel texture in white winter wheat. Theoretical and Applied Genetics 134:2547-2559 doi:10.1007/s00122-021-03841-y
- Merrick LF, Burke AB, Chen X, Carter AH (2021) Breeding with major and minor genes: Genomic selection for quantitative disease resistance. Frontiers in Plant Science doi:10.3389/fpls.2021.713667
- Rodriguez J, Hauvermale A, Carter AH, Burke IC (2021) An ALA122THR substitution in the AHAS/ALS gene confers imazamox-resistance in jointed goatgrass (Aegilops cylindrica ). Pest Management Science 77:4583-4592 http://doi.org/10.1002/ps.6498
- Sangjan W, Carter AH, Pumphrey PO, Jitkov V, Sankaran S (2021) Development of sensor system for the Internet of Things (IoT)-based automated in-field monitoring to support crop breeding programs. Inventions 6:42 doi.org/10.3390/inventions6020042
- Thompson YA, Carter AH, Ward BP, Kiszonas AM, Morris CF (2021) Association mapping of sponge cake volume in U.S. Pacific Northwest elite soft white wheat (Triticum aestivum). Journal of Cereal Science 100:103250 doi.org/10.1016/j.jcs.2021.103250
- Lozada DN, Carter AH, Mason RE (2021) Unlocking yield potential of wheat: influence of major growth habit and adaptation genes. Crop Breeding, Genetics and Genomics 3:e210004 https://doi.org/10.20900/cbgg20210004
- Horgan A, Garland-Campbell KA, Carter AH, Steber CM (2021) Seedling elongation responses to gibberellin seed treatments in wheat. Agrosystems, Geosciences, and Environment 4:1-13 doi:10.1002/agg2.20144
- Sandhu KS, Mihalyov PD, Lewien MJ, Pumphrey MO, Carter AH (2021) Combining genomic and phenomic information for predicting grain protein content and grain yield in spring wheat. Frontiers in Plant Science 12:613300 doi:10.3389/fpls.2021.613300
- Sjoberg SM, Carter AH, Steber C, Garland-Campbell KA (2021) Application of the factor analytic model to assess wheat falling number performance and stability in multi-environment trials. Crop Science 61:372-382 doi:10.1002/csc2.20293
- Sandhu KS, Lozada DN, Zhang Z, Pumphrey MO, Carter AH (2021) Deep learning for predicting complex traits in spring wheat. Frontiers in Plant Science 11:613325 doi:10.3389/fpls.2020.613325
- Merrick LF, Lyon SR, Balow KA, Murphy KM, Jones SS, Carter AH (2020) Evolutionary plant breeding in a conventional winter wheat breeding program. Sustainability 12:9728. Doi:10.3390/su12229728
- Sjoberg, SM, Carter AH, Steber CM, Garland-Campbell KA (2020) Unravelling complex traits in wheat: approaches for analyzing genotype by environment interactions in a multi-environment study of falling numbers. Crop Science 60:3013-3026 doi:1002/csc2.20133
- Kruse EB, Revolinski S, Aplin J, Skinner DZ, Murray TD, Edwards C, Carter AH (2020) Gene Expression and Carbohydrate Accumulation in Winter Wheat Lines with Different Levels of Snow Mold and Freezing Cold Tolerance. Plants 9:1416 doi:10.3390/plants9111416
- Carter AH, Kidwell KK, DeMacon V, Shelton G, Burke A, Balow K, Herr A (2020) Registration of ‘Louise’/‘Penawawa’ Spring Wheat Recombinant Inbred Line Mapping Population. Journal of Plant Registrations 14:474-480 doi:10.1002/plr2.20077
- Carter AH, Balow KA, Shelton GB, Burke AB, Hagemeyer K, Worapong J, Higginbotham RW, Chen XM, Engle DA, Murray TD, Morris CF (2020) Registration of ‘Purl’ soft white winter wheat. Journal of Plant Registrations 14:398-405 doi:10.1002/plr2.20069
- Gill KS, Kumar N, Randhawa HS, Carter AH, Yenish J, Morris CF, Baik B, Higginbotham RW, Guy SO, Engle DA, Chen XM, Murray TD, Burke IC, Lyon D (2020) Registration of ‘Curiosity CL+’ soft white winter wheat. Journal of Plant Registrations 14:377-387 doi:10.1002/plr2.20066
- Gill KS, Kumar N, Randhawa HS, Carter AH, Yenish J, Morris CF, Baik B-K, Higginbotham RW, Guy SO, Engle DA, Chen XM, Murray TD, Lyon D (2020) Registration of ‘Mela CL+’ soft white winter wheat. Journal of Plant Registrations 14:144-152 doi:10.1002/plr2.20006
- Carter AH, Allan RE, Shelton G, Burke A, Balow K, Hagemeyer K, Chen XM, Engle D, Garland-Campbell KA, Morris C, Murray T, Paulitz T, Clare SJ, Klarquist EF (2020) How ‘Madsen’ has shaped Pacific Northwest wheat and beyond. Journal of Plant Registrations 14:223-233 doi:10.1002/plr2.20049 Selected featured article in the September 2020 CSA News
- Carter AH, Rath BB, Gorzkowski EP, Qadri SB (2020) Evaluation of Silica content in winter wheat chaff. Agriculture and Environmental Letters 5:e20025 doi:10.1002/ael2.20025
- Lozada DN, Ward BP, Carter AH (2020) Gains through selection for grain yield in a winter wheat breeding program. PLoS ONE 15(4):e0221603 doi:10.1370/journal.pone.0221603
- Lozada DN, Carter AH (2020) Genomic selection in winter wheat breeding using a recommender approach. Genes 11:779 doi:10.3390/genes11070779
- Lozada DN and Carter AH (2020) Insights into the genetic architecture of phenotypic stability traits in winter wheat. Agronomy 10:368 doi:10.3390/agronomy10030368
- Nazarov T, Chen X, Carter A, See D. (2020) Fine mapping of high-temperature adult-plant resistance to stripe rust in wheat cultivar Louise. Journal of Plant Protection Research 60:126-133 doi:10.24425/jppr.2020.132213
- Faris F, Overlander ME, Kariyawasam GK, Carter AH, Xu SS, Liu Z (2020) Identification of a major dominant gene for race-nonspecific tan spot resistance in wild emmer wheat. Theoretical and Applied Genetics 133:829-841
- Lozada DN, Godoy JV, Ward BP, Carter AH (2019) Genomic prediction and indirect selection for grain yield in US Pacific Northwest winter wheat using spectral reflectance indices from high-throughput phenotyping. International Journal of Molecular Science 21:165 org/10.3390/ijms21010165
- Kruse EB, Klos K, Marshall J, Murray TD, Ward BP, Carter AH (2019) Evaluating marker assisted selection in breeding for tolerance to snow mold in winter wheat. Agrosystems, Geosciences, and Environment 2:190059 doi:10.2134/age2019.07.0059
- Lozada DN, Godoy JV, Murray TD, Ward BP, Carter AH (2019) Genetic dissection of snow mold tolerance in US Pacific Northwest winter wheat through genome-wide association study and genomic selection. Frontiers in Plant Science 29 October 2019 org/10.3389/fpls.2019.01337
- Dixon LS, Godoy JV, Carter AH (2019) Evaluating the utility of carbon isotope discrimination as a selection criterion for wheat cultivar development. Plant Phenomics Volume 2019, Article ID 4528719 doi.org/10.34133/2019/4528719
- Nielsen N, Stubbs TL, Garland-Campbell K, and Carter AH (2019) Rapid estimation of wheat straw decomposition constituents using near-infrared spectroscopy. Agronomy 9(8):462 org/10.3390/agronomy9080462
- Dixon LS and Carter AH (2019) Toward a new use for carbon isotope discrimination in wheat breeding. Agronomy 9(7), 385 doi:10.3390/agronomy9070385
- Fitria, Ruan H, Fransen SC, Carter AH, Tao H, Yan B (2019) Selecting winter wheat straw for cellulosic ethanol production in Pacific Northwest, USA. Biomass and Bioenergy 123:59-69
- Balow K, Shelton G, Burke A, Hagemeyer K, Klarquist E, Froese P, Kruse EB, Carle SW, Roa A, Nielsen N, Carter AH (2019) Registration of the Finch-Eltan Winter Wheat Recombinant Inbred Mapping Population. Journal of Plant Registrations 13:287-293
- Wiersma AT, Whetten RB, Zhang G, Sehgal SK, Kolb FL, Poland JA, Mason RE, Carter AH, Cowger C, Olson EL (2018) Registration of two wheat germplasm lines fixed for Pm58. Journal of Plant Registrations 12:270-273
- Gizaw SA, Godoy J, Garland-Campbell K, Carter AH (2018) Genome-wide association study of yield and component traits in Pacific Northwest winter wheat (Triticum aestivum ). Crop Science 58:2315-2330
- Gizaw SA, Godoy JG, Pumphrey MO, Carter AH (2018) Spectral reflectance for indirect selection and genome-wide association analyses of grain yield and drought tolerance in North American spring wheat (Triticum aestivum ). Crop Science 58:1-13 doi:10.2135/cropsci 2017.11.0690
- Godoy J, Gizaw S, Chao S, Blake N, Carter A, Cuthbert R, Dubcovsky J, Hucl P, Kephart K, Pozniak C, Prasad PVV, Pumphrey M, Talbert L (2018) Genome-wide association study (GWAS) of agronomic traits in a spring planted North American elite hard red spring wheat panel. Crop Science 58:1838-1852
- Zhang J, Gizaw SA, Bossolini E, Hegarty JM, Carter AH, Chao S, Akhunov E, Dubcovsky J (2018) Identification and validation of QTL for grain yield and plant water status under contrasting water treatments in fall-sown spring wheat. Theoretical and Applied Genetics 131:1741-1759
- Lewien MJ, Murray TD, Jernigan KL, Garland-Campbell KA, Carter AH (2018) Genome-wide association mapping for eyespot disease in US Pacific Northwest winter wheat. PLoS ONE April 2, 2018
- Gizaw SA, Godoy JGV, Garland-Campbell K, Carter AH (2018) Using spectral reflectance as proxy phenotypes for genome-wide association studies of yield and yield stability in Pacific Northwest winter wheat. Crop Science 58:1232-1241 Selected featured article in the May 2018 CSA News
- Jernigan KL, Godoy J, Huang M, Zhou Y, Morris CF, Garland-Campbell KA, Zhang Z, Carter AH (2018) Association mapping for end-use quality in Pacific Northwest adapted soft white winter wheat. Frontiers in Plant Science 09 March 2018
- Martinez SA, Godoy J, Huang M, Zhang Z, Carter AH, Garland-Campbell K, Steber CM (2018) Genome-wide association mapping for tolerance to preharvest sprouting and low falling numbers in wheat. Frontiers in Plant Science 14 February 2018
- Sockeye CL+ (pdf)
- Piranha CL+ (pdf)
- Castella (pdf)
- Scorpio (pdf)
- Devote (pdf)
- Pritchett (pdf)
- Stingray CL+ (pdf)
- Resilience CL+ (pdf)
- Purl (pdf)
- Jasper (pdf)
- Curiosity CL+ (pdf)
- Mela CL+ (pdf)
- Puma (pdf)
- Otto (pdf)
- Sequoia (pdf)
For more information about cultivars, please visit Washington Genetics
Generations of Coug students have worked under the hot sun harvesting test crops at Washington State University’s Spillman Agronomy Farm.
At first they did the work by hand, cutting and gathering wheat, barley, pea, lentil and chickpea crops from small test plots. Specially-made combines for the research plots were an improvement, but they still were labor-intensive to operate.
Generations of Coug students have worked under the hot sun harvesting test crops at Washington State University’s (WSU) Spillman Agronomy Farm.
At first, they did the work by hand, cutting and gathering wheat, barley, pea, lentil and chickpea crops from small test plots. Specially made combines for the research plots were an improvement, but they still were labor-intensive to operate.
Arron Carter and his breeding program provide the first line of defense in the high-stakes battle against stripe rust—the number one threat to wheat.
The fungal pathogen that causes stripe rust is ubiquitous in wheat-growing regions. Its airborne spores can ride the wind for miles upon miles. When conditions are right, it grows quickly, sucking water and nutrients out of the leaves and crippling a plant’s ability to produce healthy seeds.
Molecular technology has been rapidly changing in the past 20 years, making my job as Washington State University’s winter wheat breeder more complicated and more streamlined simultaneously.
There are many different aspects of “molecular technology.” Manipulating genetic material and cellular process is part of it, but so are innovations in computational and manufacturing technology.
Helping feed a growing world more sustainably, a team of researchers at Washington State University is putting satellites and drones to work in the hunt for better wheat varieties.
Funded by a $500,000 grant from the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s National Institute of Food and Agriculture, WSU scientists launched a new project this spring, developing techniques that let satellites and flying drones identify and study wheat varieties from overhead.
Their effort could speed up research into better, more productive wheat varieties, and could give growers powerful new tools to improve farming.
Known as the father of the Green Revolution, Norman Borlaug saved millions of lives throughout the world by developing high-yielding wheat varieties during the mid-20th century. He was also known for training large numbers of young people, whom he referred to as “hunger fighters,” to follow in his footsteps.
Nine years after his death, we sat down with a few of these modern hunger-fighters during the recent 2018 National Association of Plant Breeders (NAPB) meeting in Guelph, Ontario. These eight individuals comprise this year’s Borlaug Scholars, young people who represent the next generation of plant breeding leaders.
Washington Grain Commission Podcast “Wheat All About It!”
- Episode 207: Time Flies When You’re Breeding Wheat
- Episode 58: A Conversation with Arron Carter, WSU Winter Wheat Breeder
- Episode 59: Part 2- A Conversation with Arron Carter, WSU Winter Wheat Breeder
- The Latest on Snow Mold Research with Savannah Phipps
- The Best of Conditions & the Worst of Conditions for the WSU Breeding Program with Dr. Arron Carter
- Machine and Deep Learning in Agriculture with Karan Sandhu
- Plant Canopy Closure with Karan Sandhu
- Genomic Selection in Wheat with Lance Merrick
- Breeding Herbicide-Resistant Wheat with Arron Carter
- A Partnership: UAVs and Wheat Breeding with Arron Carter and Lav Khot
- Talking Wheat Breeding with Arron Carter
- Graduate Student Stephanie Sjoberg Talking about Falling Numbers in Wheat
- Graduate Student Nathan Nielsen Talking about Wheat Straw Decomposition
- Post-Doctoral Researcher Jayfred Godoy Talking about Genomic Select in Wheat
- Graduate Student Erika Kruse talking about Snow Mold and Freezing Tolerance in Wheat